Dust or bust!
March 16, 2021
Caveat: Everything is subject to change at any time for any reason, but in particular, for the prevailing global pandemic and the uncertainty of what tomorrow will bring. Having said that, please read on!
Heather and I are cautiously hopeful that the stars will align, vaccines will be administered (and be effective), and that we will be able to be together in the dust again this year! I received the 2021 Placement Newsletter #2 today (attached below), and it’s chock full of tentative information and outlines some cautious steps to start planning for Black Rock City 2021.
Placement is asking us to fill out the Early Placement Decision Form no later than Wednesday, March 31, at 12pm PDT/ 3pm EDT / 7pm GMT to receive a DGS (Directed Group Sale) ticket allocation for 2021. The form asks us to nail down the number of DGS tickets our theme camp will need this year. Placement will confirm 2021 DGS allocations for the camp by Friday, April 16.
To that end, please fill out the Pretty Pickle Camp 2021 Membership Application by Friday, March 26, if you would like to be considered for a DGS ticket in 2021.
Choosing to receive a DGS ticket allocation does not obligate us to purchase those tickets. Placement understands that we are still living with a pandemic and that things can change at any point to make going to BRC seem more or less likely.
- March 16: PPC Membership Application opens for heroes and rock stars who want consideration for DGS tickets
- March 16: Early Placement Decision Form opens
- March 31: Early Placement Decision Form due at 12pm PDT / 3pm EDT / 7pm GMT
- April 1: PPC Membership Application remains open for additional campers up to the population limit determined by the camp lead
- April 16: DGS allocations provided to camp leads
- April 28: Form open in Burner Profiles for camp leads to distribute DGS access
- May 3: Placed Camp Questionnaire opens
- May 22: Camp Symposium (all virtual)
- June 3: Placed Camp Questionnaire due at 12pm PDT / 3pm EDT / 7pm GMT
- Mid-July: Placement decisions announced
With briny love,